Mar 9, 2009

2. Big Announcement!!

Herro People of the Earth,

I felt it was time to fill everyone in on a very crucial website with which I have become recently involved.

It's called earnityourself.com & is dedicated to the time tested art of D.I.Y (do it yourself).E.i.Y is run by many, many dedicated music lovers including Sarah Saturday the original creator of EiY, Ernst Schoen-Rene, care-taker of BYOFL.org (book your own F***ing life), and Wyatt Glodell, a computer guru who colaborated with Sarah, in the creation of the E.i.Y website and the weekend group. These three individuals are the E.i.Y Gods and the people you turn to for the right information.

Oh contraire, this site is not only run by the Gods, it's run by regular people like myself, who simply have a love for the music and want to help support their favourite bands. It's afloat because of the bands who show up, post their music and interact with fans on the website.
My point being that every person who joins E.i.Y and shares their input, makes an impact on the site and the people on it.

With this little tid-bit, I also have a pretty big announcement. (it's really important to me)
After being a regular ol' Scene Supporter, for a little over a month, I have been recognized for what I do by being "crowned" (as Dean and Sarah said) as a Scene Guide!
Myself, along with SammyB, and Stacy have all had our statuses raised, so that we can be out front as examples of "What to do" on the E.i.Y Website.
For me this, is absoloutely amazing and I actually feel really, really flattered to be up there with Stacy and Sammy, because they do so much more then me.

I know in the real world, this means nothing, because it's just the internet.
But this means on oppurtunity to become more involved with what I love.
Music & everything about it.
Having this position will push me to the forefront for helping out kids on the site, welcoming new bands and just being there to be a part of it all.

I would really love for everyone to come check out the website, get involved, get your favourite bands involved and help them out.
We really need more Island bands and more canadian bands, as well as fans, to get involved and show E.i.Y, that Canada has amazing talent too.

Some amazing E.i.Y bands everyone should check out:
A Cassandra Utterance (Ernie Ball & EiY, Esquared band of the month)
New Liberty (SammyB's Favourite)
Say When(New Friends!)
Use as Directed (Wicked Canadian Band!)
The Easy Brothers (Rancid called, they want their sound back!)
Two Degrees Faster (Mark Hoppus wants you to know, that this is not early blink recordings, but they still rip.)
Archie Star (Dope)

That's the news & I'm outta here!
-AmyInertia

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to mention that I didn't start byofl. It was started in 1989 by maximum rock'n'roll. I am just the caretaker.
    -Ernst

    ReplyDelete